Liberty Lake Tire Rotation
No matter which type of vehicle you drive, the tires are a big investment. Keep your tires from premature wear by rotating them according to the manufacturer’s suggested schedule. If you live in Liberty Lake, tire rotation is quick and easy at Knudtsen Chevrolet in Post Falls. When you rotate the tires regularly, not only will they wear evenly and last longer, but your car will handle better, too.
When you visit Knudtsen Chevrolet for tire rotation in Liberty Lake, you’ll always get fast service. While we’re a Chevrolet dealership, we offer tire rotation service for every vehicle. Our expert service technicians can perform a tire rotation according to the proper rotation pattern for your vehicle. If you keep your tires rotated correctly, it will help prevent them from failing while you’re on the road.
You should be able to find information on your car’s tires in the owner’s manual, but if you need help, feel free to call the Knudtsen Chevrolet Service Center. We’re glad to be of service.
If you drive a car with front-wheel drive, neglecting tire rotation will lead to the front tires wearing out faster than the rear tires. This can cause you to lose control of your car when you’re driving on wet, icy or slippery roads. Rotating the tires will also prevent cupping, which causes cabin noise and vibration. Moreover, some manufacturers specify that if you haven’t rotated the tires regularly, it will void the warranty.
There are three rotation patterns for standard tires: forward cross, x-pattern and rearward cross. Here’s a quick explanation of each pattern.
- Forward cross: This pattern is suitable for cars with front-wheel drive. The front tires are moved to the rear, and the rear tires are moved to the back, with the left and right rear tires changing sides.
- X-pattern: This is another pattern for front-wheel-drive vehicles. The front tires are moved to the rear, the rear tires are moved to the front, and both the front and rear tires change sides.
- Rearward cross: Cars with rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive can use this pattern. The front tires are moved to the rear and change sides. The rear tires are moved to the front.
Performance tires can use one of these rotation patterns:
- Front-to-back: This pattern is used for directional tires. The front tires are moved to the rear, and the rear tires are moved to the front. The tires don’t change sides.
- Side-to-side: Cars with different size tires in the front and rear use this pattern. The left and right tires change sides.
Owners can rotate their vehicle’s tires themselves, but we don’t recommend it. When you have your tire rotation done by a professional technician, it will be done properly and safely. Whichever car, truck, SUV or van you drive, bring it to the Knudtsen Chevrolet Service Department for tire rotation done quickly. When we rotate the tires, we’ll also check them for wear and make sure they’re inflated to the right pressure.
Hours Of Operation