Coeur d'Alene Tire Rotation
Your vehicle’s tires are a big investment, so you’ll want to keep them from wearing out prematurely. The best way to protect the tires on your car, truck, SUV or van is to rotate them regularly. Rotating your tires helps them wear more evenly, providing maximum traction and fuel economy. If you live in Coeur d'Alene, tire rotation service is quick and easy at the Knudtsen Chevrolet Service Center.
Your tires may wear differently, depending on your driving style, the position of the tires on your vehicle, and the condition of the suspension. Under normal driving conditions, the front tires on your car will wear faster than the rear tires. The front tires receive the greatest impact when the vehicle turns, and the front tires must support the additional weight of the engine on front-wheel-drive cars.
Check your vehicle’s owner’s manual for the recommended rotation interval. If you’re not sure when to bring your car in for tire rotation, contact us. We’ll be happy to let you know when to rotate the tires. If you’re due for a tire rotation, we’ll make an appointment for you to bring the vehicle in for our CDA tire rotation service at a time that’s convenient for you.
When we rotate your car’s tires, our service technicians will move the tires from front to back, from one side of the vehicle to the other, or using a rotation pattern that combines both. Visit Knudtsen Chevrolet in for expert advice from our professional service technicians, who will let you know which tire rotation pattern is best for your vehicle.
There are three main rotation patterns for most vehicles: rearward cross, forward cross and x-pattern. These are standard for cars that don’t use directional tires and have wheels of the same size.
- Forward Cross: This is typically used for front-wheel-drive vehicles. The front tires are moved to the rear. The rear tires are transferred to the front and switch sides.
- Rearward Cross: This can be used for rear- and four-wheel-drive vehicles. The rear tires are transferred to the front. The front tires are moved to the rear and switch sides.
- X-Pattern: This is also used for rear- and four-wheel-drive vehicles. The front tires are moved to the rear and switch sides. The rear tires are transferred to the front and switch sides.
Today's performance tires utilize two additional tire rotation patterns: front-to-rear and side-to-side.
- Front-to-Rear: This pattern is used for directional tires. The front tires are moved to the rear. The rear tires are transferred to the front.
- Side-to-Side: This is used for non-directional tires of different sizes. The tires are moved from the right to the left side, and from the left to the right side.
It’s possible for owners to rotate the tires on their vehicles themselves. However, we recommend that this service be performed by experienced professionals, like the service technicians at the Knudtsen Chevrolet Service Department. We’ll rotate the tires properly, inspect them for wear, check the air pressure, and reset the tire-pressure monitors. Call us and make your appointment today.
Hours Of Operation